8. My Son Sanctuary By Motorbike through rural villages (Private Tour)
*Private half day tour. Guests ride pillion, safety is priority*
Traveling to My Son Sanctuary by motorbike is a beautiful way to take in breathtaking scenery along the way. Kicking off in the morning (7.30 AM) or afternoon (1 PM), our experienced drivers drive you through tranquil back roads to visit amazing Hindu temples. You will ride pillion on our comfortable scooters, follow our unique route to explore the colourful farming fields in rural villages. We make frequent stops on the way, say “Hi” to friendly local farmers and take beautiful photos.
We then enjoy a nice walk in My Son Holy land – the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site – built by the ancient Champa people who once resided in the southern part of contemporary Vietnam. The ruined temples are over 1000 years old and located in the heart of the green valley. You will learn more about Champa’s culture, history and architectural styles, especially the amazing techniques in building these sacred temples. After My Son holy land, we stop at a local eatery to enjoy delicious local noodles before heading back to hotel. The tour lasts approximately 5,5 hours.
– Cold bottled drinking water
– Great English speaking guide
– Experienced drivers
– Motorbike + fuel
– All entrance fees
– Pick up and drop off at hotel
– Tasty meal and cold drinks
– Free of charge for kids of 4 years old and younger.
– 40% discount for kids under 10 years old and younger.
– Tips (optional but appreciated)
– Personal expenses such as shopping, telephone, etc
60 USD or 1.380.000 VND/1pax (Min.2pax)
• Duration: 5,5 hours.
• Distance: 120 km (75 miles)
• Departure: 7:00 am or 1:00 pm
• All our tours are always private, minimum of 2 paying customers required to operate. Solo customer, please pay 50% extra surcharge.
• If you are joining us from Da Nang, let us know so we can assist you with finding transportation.
• Bring with you fully charged cameras/ phones, proper shoes, sun cream, sunglasses, caps/ hats, comfy clothes in summer days, warm clothes in winter days, your clothes should cover shoulders and knees when visiting sacred temples.
• We highly recommend early booking via email@example.com, for last minute booking please contact our WhatsApp/ Hotline: (+84)399161416/ (+84)973943196
See what our customers tell us on Tripadvisor:
“After reading a review on trip advisor we decided to go with local buddy tours. Ben was a fantastic guide who was on time, his English is perfect and his knowledge of the area is fantastic. Ben took us off the beaten track and it was great to spend the whole trip to My Son never seeing another tourist.
Ben was extremely accommodating and let us stop for photos whenever we wanted and waited whilst we did time lapse photography as well.
Once arriving at My Son I think choosing Ben as our guide really was the best choice. His knowledge of the area and the best positions for photos across the site was fantastic. Again time was not an issue and he never rushed us.
Dinner was the best Vietnamese meal we have had in Vietnam and that is after food tours in other areas. Ben also was very patient in my asking thousands of questions about Hoi An and Vietnamese culture and work in general.
Ben took us back to our hotel and was fantastic the whole trip. As a small operator I couldn’t recommend higher, other bike tours by bigger companies have foreign ownership and I think it is very important to support local small businesses and the local people. Ben’s business has been going 10 months and I would rate it as high as Saigon on Bikes which we adored in Saigon”. Lauren, Australian, December 2017
“My tour with Thanh was one of the most memorable parts of my time in Vietnam. He picked me up at my hotel bright and early to go to My Son Sanctuary. We took countryside back roads on the way there to see the scenery, making lots of stops to take photos. He even brought me to a local food market where westerners do not usually go. It was really great interacting with the locals. While at My Son, Thanh was able to tell me so much about the history of the temples. I learned so much more with him as my guide than I would have if I went on my own. After visiting My Son we had a fruit snack that Thanh had packed. Then we went to eat some amazing food at a local restaurant in the My Son province. It was the best food I had during my entire trip through Vietnam! Thanh took care of everything (food, water, tickets) and all I had to do was sit back and relax and enjoy the tour 🙂 I highly recommend booking a private tour with Thanh. It is worth it. And he will customize it for you 🙂” Katherine, American, June 2017
Click this link to check more reviews on Tripadvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/12084262?m=19905